Monday, August 12, 2013

Can I wear a contact lens that is slightly too weak of a prescription?

I am going to the beach in two days and I want to be able to wear goggles underwater. I am out of right eye contacts, but I have two left eye contacts left.My right eye's prescription is: "PWR:(-4.75) BC 8.6 DIA 14.2.My left eye (the one that I will be in the right eye as well) is: "PWR:(-4.00) BC 8.6 DIA 14.2.
I know the main concern (when I google to see what others have said) seems to be that the shape and size may not be the same for both eyes. However (if I'm reading the prescription correctly), it appears mine are the exact same size besides the actual strength.So the only concern would be the strength. I know it may not be "good" for my eyes to wear a lens that is not strong enough, but I'm only going to be at the lake for three days.So after that I take the contacts out and wear glasses.It's not that bad is it? I don't really know how "drastic" of a difference -4.00 and -4.75 is… Will I be able to adjust enough to function or would it be unbearably disorienting?
Thanks!

См. статью: Can I wear a contact lens that is slightly too weak of a prescription?