Monday, August 12, 2013

Anyone like to read a short this i believe please?

This I Believe…
People often say, "We have to take a picture! We have to create memories!" Only recently did I realize that memories are just remembered.
Looking at family photos from times past, I realize I have no idea what was really happening behind the scenes. I do not know if the smile seen is truly genuine, or simply a façade. Some may want to see perfect portraits; but what story does that tell? To the individual, they are meaningless. However, behind those random, silly pictures I find are stories of fun times and happiness.
Six months ago, I lost one of the most important people in my life, my sister.At that moment, I knew not what to do with all my thoughts of her. I knew I should not forget about her, even if it eased the pain; and could not, even if I tried as hard as I could. Then my family got together one night and started remembering all the things she would do. She was always smiling and would let NO ONE bring her down. She would be making us laugh when she couldn't do anything else. Sometimes it would happen unintentionally, because of her silly responses to everything.
I would call her honey boo boo, and her first response was "What is that?" After showing her the videos, she told me, "Okay Brenda? You're weird". She talked A LOT. She would always get on my nerves while I was trying to do homework or trying watch something. Then she would leave to her room saying to me and my brother, "You guys suck, you don't pay attention to me." Soon enough, though, she would come right back into my room 5 minutes later and would say, "I miss you guys, can I come back in."
People think of creating memories, but my best happened without intent or reason. Eventually, all that really mattered were those simple things that we lived together. Those funny moments when she would ask me if people kept contact lenses in their eyes with crazy glue, or when we would bring up a whole box of cereal and gallon of milk upstairs at midnight and finish it between my brother, my sisters and I. These are some of my best memories. The ones that no one else can see in my pictures.
Memories are not built or shaped, this I believe. Living as happily as you can possibly make yourself is the only way they happen. Only time will decide what moments we are meant to hold on to as if they were worth more than life itself.

please leave ANY comments!

См. статью: Anyone like to read a short this i believe please?