Monday, August 12, 2013

Do I have no chance of being an Air Force Pilot?

Hi, I'm going into my junior year of high school pretty soon and have been setting my eyes on becoming a pilot in the air force.At first I figured I could get a procedure such as LASIK or PRK done to improve my vision to 20/20 allowing me to be eligible for pilot training, however I noticed that the stated guideline is 20/70 uncorrected minimum for pilots. Now, my vision is worse than this uncorrected standard but can I still undergo a surgery such as LASIK to allow me to become eligible for a pilot slot? Now, my second part of the question, I plan attending the Air Force ROTC program at whichever university I end up applying and getting in to.Is it possible for me to attend AFROTC with glasses or contact lenses and at the end of the 4 year program I can get my LASIK surgery done and after one year has passed take my class 1 physical and get selected to pilot training? (This is assuming I score well on such things as the AFOQT and finish with a high GPA etc.) Do I have any options to become a pilot or am I out of luck and are my dreams a thing of the past? Sorry for the loaded question and if it is hard to understand the way I've written, and thank you for your time.

См. статью: Do I have no chance of being an Air Force Pilot?