Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What to do? Film School?

I am 23 and am looking to maybe get a degree in film. Since graduating from high school, I got sidetracked with my life and didn't go right to college. Finally I am ready to get back on track and work towards my goal of working in the film industry.
Since I was young I have loved being behind the lens. I am an all around artist but enjoy photography and film making. I have won multiple awards in film during high school, so I was pretty good at it at the time. But that was high school, and now I am a big boy, and the jobs in the industry are a lot bigger than a high school assignment.
At the moment I have been writing screen plays that I wanted to turn into films, but my lack of education in the field causing me a lot of anxiety.
I feel like I HAVE to go to film school in order to get a good all around education about the film industry and also make potentially important contacts. But I am 23 and I can't see myself goings to film school for 4 years. I would love to say I have a degree, but I have a feeling that is not necessary.
So basically…
Should I go to film school?
Do I take a lot of workshops to get a basic education before applying for jobs?
Do I just absorb any knowledge I can as I get jobs and work with people?

I have not done any projects or anything since high school aside from writing.

I am just very conflicted about what steps I should take reaching my goal of being a film maker/ director.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced

См. статью: What to do? Film School?