Sunday, February 24, 2013

How long should it take for me to get used to my contacts?

For years, I was told that for whatever reason, I was unable to use soft lenses.So I had gas permeable lenses and could never fully get used to them.So I just went back to using my glasses again for about 5 years. After visiting two more eye doctors, I was told that they did not see any reason that I could not use regular, soft lenses. I got them this week. They feel MUCH better, and so far, I almost do not feel them at all. However, my left eye is my "bad eye." I have a different prescription for each eye. But when I wear them, one eye is blurry, and one eye is not. Throughout the week, it seems to have gotten slightly less noticeable, probably because I just try to ignore it.It's as if my left eye, or weak eye, is able to see better close up, as my right is better far away.My eye doctor is kind of a douche and doesn't answer my questions very well. I was told, not by my eye doctor, but by a family friend that I would get used to the seemingly alternating clear vision, as he said he had the same problem. If this is true, how long should it take for my eyes to adjust to it?
>>> How long should it take for me to get used to my contacts?