Sunday, September 16, 2012

How do I persuade my parents to allow me to have circle lenses?

I would really like to have a pair of circle lenses because they are popular in Japanese and Korean fashion. I've tried writing a persuasive letter (with research and references), getting relatives who wear them to explain circle lenses to my parents, and talking to them about it. They don't seem to budge, and they consider them unsafe. I know the risks of circle lenses, but unless the lenses are damaged or do not fit, you cannot become blind unless they aren't taken care of properly. I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion of me through my looks, I want a pair for myself.My parents have only seem to understand the risks, and set aside how to avoid them. I've explained that circle lenses carry the same risks as prescription lenses, but my parents do not seem to acknowledge it. Everyone I know who uses circle lenses has had a positive experience with them, and I have not heard of anyone going blind via news articles due to the lenses. Please help :)
Added (1). I'm 15, and I take care of myself and my beauty supplies (ex.clean make up brushes regularly)
I remove my make up every time I wear it before bed. Cleaning the lenses after wearing them would not be a problem.
Added (2). Dear Ed, I have done plenty of research.
I have read both pro and con biased articles,
Some being written by the users of the lenses (a pro bias), and some being written by official news articles and eye doctors (con bias).
Although they are professionals, I still have not read or heard of any official news articles of people becoming blind or having eye damage because of the lenses. I understand that they are illegal in the US. I however, do not live there. If you have seen any articles of people going blind via circle lens, please send the link to me. I understand you know what you're talking about, but through physical stats, people are fine wearing them. There's a difference between what COULD happen and what HAS.
>>> How do I persuade my parents to allow me to have circle lenses?