Friday, November 7, 2014

Should I order polycarbonate, high index or aspheric lenses?

I ordered one pair of eyeglasses online and I have got them today. It was 1.67 high index on a rimless frame with tint, AR,UV protection. But I am totally frustrated. The lenses are ridiculously huge and thick. My prescription is
OD: +2.5, -4, 10
OS: -3.75, -.5, 150
PD-63
Now I am gonna order again from zenni or eyebuydirect. Could you please suggest me what type of lens I should choose? Which lenses are aspheric? I heard that aspheic lens can prevent me from bug eyes. Right now my right eye is magnified while my left eye is minimized due to this weird prescription. And also what size of frame I should use? Guys Can you please help me to decide.
Thanks
Added (1). Hi, Footprint Thanks for your answer. But I want to try one more time online. I have found a frame which size is 46(lens width), and 18(bridge width) Total 64 for frame pd… And my PD is 63.So i think it might be perfect for me. But should I choose 1.57 mid-index(NOT POLYCARBONATE) or 1.6 high index? 1.57 is free but 1.6 is 19 dollar. Also i can add Oleophobic Fingerprint Resistant A/R Coating on 1.57 mid-index but not on 1.61. Can you please advice?
Thanks

Read more: Should I order polycarbonate, high index or aspheric lenses?