Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Emerging Presbyopia?

I just turned 40 and I'm nearsighted. I noticed a slight change in my contact lenses (people talking to me at my desk started to look a little blurry, things sometimes blur when changing focus; eyes feel strained more, I work on a computer all day), but I can still see fine in my single lense glasses. I went to the eye doctor who took my contacts down 1/4 in each eye. My current pres. Is (L - 1.50; R - 3.75). I also have mild astigmatism. I still can't see crystal clear in my contacts and my -3.75 eye is where it seems to feel a little off moreso. I can see, but it just isn't the same. I tried reading glasses on at the store, lowest power and I could probably tolerate them, but don't feel like I really need them yet. I keep reading things about removing your regular glasses to read better, but I don't have that problem. It is more of a change in focus problem in contacts. Could this happen with glasses and contacts in the beginning of presbyopia?

Read more: Emerging Presbyopia?