Monday, April 14, 2014

Will my bird ever like me again?

I have a 2 year old Quaker parrot and he loved me since the day we got him. He has always hated my sister, he doesn't care all that much for my mom, and he likes my dad just a little bit less than me. I had glasses since the day we got him but I just recently got contact lenses, ever since he saw me from the first time I got contacts he has been treating me how he treats my sister (trying to bite me even when I'm nowhere near him and just being really mean). I don't know if it's because he doesn't recognize me or what, but I thought that was the case so for about 5 minutes and I've done this about four times, I stood in front of him with no distractions and just put my glasses on for about 20 seconds them took them off again for about 20 seconds and I did that over and over again for about 5 minutes each time. But he still seems to hate me. He is still treating everybody else the same so I don't think it's a hormonal thing, I get queasy everytime I think about this because I love him sooo much and he use to just adore me… But not anymore:(

Read more: Will my bird ever like me again?