Friday, April 18, 2014

How to audition for a kpop company?


Hi! Well, I'm currently 12, a little tall and weigh about average. I'm also Asian, can speak english, chinese, and a bit of korean, can play a couple of musical instruments, and I can sing and rap in korean, but I don't have a natural talent for dancing.

I wear glasses but hope to get contact lenses next year or so if my parents agree.

I really want to try out for one of the big three, but it would be helpful if you also gave me some info on the less popular companies.

I also have some questions to ask.

1. I already know SM's standards for auditioning (like they tend to go for good looks more than talents), but I'm not sure about the other companies like YG or JYP (or any other companies besides the Big Three). Could someone explain to me/provide a source of info so I could learn about them?

2. I would like to go for SM, but I'm only average/a little above average in looks. Would that be to my advantage?

3. I'm also interested in YG, but I don't know how to audition online or the format of the clip/video. Could someone also explain how to do that?

4. Say that I got in and I'm already a trainee. How would they coach you in your talents, and do you get to live in a dorm with the other trainees?

5. If I do a CD audition, where can I find out their address so I can mail it to the company I'm auditioning for?

6. Does every company have categories in which concern the area of support(sing/dance/act/model)?

Thanks for your help!

Read more: How to audition for a kpop company?