Thursday, April 17, 2014

Can I use information from an old eye prescription and pair it with new info to order contacts?


I have an old prescription for both glasses and contacts that has expired and I'm interested in getting new glasses and contacts. My insurance will cover an eye exam for glasses only, and I'd rather not pay out of pocket for the contact fitting. I noticed that the sphere measurement for both eyes is.25 diopters stronger for glasses even though each eye is a slightly different power. Can I use the sphere measurement I get from my new exam minus.25 diopters, and pair it with the base curve and diameter measurements from my old contact lens prescription to get an accurate, current contact lens measurement?

Read more: Can I use information from an old eye prescription and pair it with new info to order contacts?