Monday, April 14, 2014

Buying glasses in canada (as a non-resident)?

Hi,

I'm an EU citizen who may have the opportunity to work in Canada for a couple of years soon. I wear glasses, and I'm wondering how much these would be if I did relocate. Admittedly, I wear a very strong prescription and require extensive lens thinning… Basically, they are quite an expense. So, this question is mainly for wearers in Canada, and people in the industry. I'm looking for estimates for prices without health insurance, as I doubt it would cover them. I also want to clarify whether I will be able to buy them in Canada as a non-citizen. I'm hoping to use my existing prescription, as I have been told eye tests are cheaper here than in North America.

So TIA for answers:)

Read more: Buying glasses in canada (as a non-resident)?