Sunday, April 13, 2014

Why do my contact lenses hurt so much when I put them in?

This is driving me nuts. I've had contacts for a month or three now. When I see someone else put their contacts in, they just pick them out of the tray, put them in their eyes and done. When I do so, it always burns and hurt like hell. So I've been following the standard steps of cleaning them with the saline solution on both sides in my palm, then rinsing them again, and it still doesn't feel good. Sometimes I'll find a small particle on there, but other times there's nothing and it still hurts. I always wash my hands before putting them in and I dry them off well too, so I suppose it's not about soap getting into my eyes.
For every morning, I still need about 20 minutes to properly put my lenses in; the actual applying and removing isn't a problem at all, but why can other people just do so and feel fine, while I have to rinse and clean and remove them three times before it feels right in my eye?

Read more: Why do my contact lenses hurt so much when I put them in?