Thursday, August 1, 2013

Back surface lens technology detrimental?

Can the back surface technology be the only cause of me having to return my new progressive eyeglasses? I'm told not everybody can adapt to those lenses. I cannot see clearly with the left eye with my new eyeglasses, and I see slightly double.
The eye dr ensured the prescription is right.It's my third pair of progressive eyeglasses, I've been happy with the other two. The last pair was made in the same place as this one, and I've been happy with it.
The day when I wore the new eyeglasses at work, I got sharp eye aches and pain, and head aches.
Now they say 20-30% of people cannot adapt to the new back surface technology, and this is the cause of me not being able to see clearly through the new eyeglasses. Can this be true? They say all the measurements are correct.
Also, I'm told that because I'm 20/25 (with correction) in my right eye, this is also a cause. (But with my right eye vision I'm happy, it's the left one that cannot see).
Then I'm told that because the left eye MUST BE the dominant one, and the brain fights back.that's why. (Without even checking which eye is dominant.)
I also met a lot of subtle put-downs, and hate glances, that ruined most of the rest of my day.
What is true of all this? The eyeglasses are really expensive.
Thank you

См. статью: Back surface lens technology detrimental?