Monday, December 10, 2012

Are contact lenses dangerous? Will I damage my eyes?

I'm turning 16 soon and wanted to get contact lenses because of many reasons… but my aunt is really lecturing me about how contact lenses damage your eyes and later on when I'm an old grandma i'll probably have eye problems and maybe be blind.
she's acting like she's an eye doctor but she's not. She's intelligent but …
I am a clean freak and very delicate with my eyes so I would clean them and my hands very thoroughly and do everything as the doctor says e.g. Don't sleep in lenses, don't wear them for too long, etc.
my aunt also says that contact lenses make cracks on the surface of your eyes? And really damage the surface in other ways?

shes a teacher and she says that many of her students suffer from eye problems because of contacts…

should I get them? I really want them
>>> Are contact lenses dangerous? Will I damage my eyes?