Sunday, December 9, 2012

Should I try wearing contacts again or just keep wearing glasses?

I've worn glasses for several years. I've tried contacts twice and both have been bad experiences. The first time I got contacts they were painful and would make my eyes water and I ended up getting pink eye so I stopped wearing them.

Several years later, last year, I tried contacts again. I tried both Acuve Oasis which I hated and then Biofinity Toric which are a lot more comfortable and thinner. The problem is that they dry my eyes out really bad to the point were they get bloodshot and I had to take them out. I did follow all of the doctors instructions and washed my hands before touching the contacts, cleaning the contacts, and changing the solution. Since they made my eyes hurt so bad I stopped wearing them again.

I've since been told that I may be intolerant of silicone lenses and that I should try Frequency Toric. But the thing is, I don't know if its worth it to try again. I ended up spending a lot of money on the contacts and solutions and then I ended up never using them. Plus, I don't really like putting the contacts in my eyes either. Should I try contacts again or stick to glasses? What are your thoughts?
>>> Should I try wearing contacts again or just keep wearing glasses?