Thursday, May 12, 2016

How to deal with allergies while wearing contacts?

I never had a problem with contacts until I developed allergies last summer. I would get monthlies and I could wear a pair for 45 days instead of the intended 30 days. The last summer I ordered my annually year supply and went through it in 2 months.
Needless to say, I was very shocked and confused. I went on for a year going through contacts like m&m's and I assumed I must've developed allergies because before my eyes could handle everything. Just got confirmed I have allergies after a year of pain. So now monthlies last about a few days a pair (3 days if im lucky). And to get to the point, is there anything I can do to better my allergies so my eyes can handle monthlies or even 2 week lenses? I really adore the aqua colored lenses b/c they look natural on me so I'm very hesitant to switch over to dailies completely. My eyes are blue but look grey from a normal distance so it just really annoys me. I know seeing good is more important than looks but I can't help it! Does anyone know of ways to make eyes feel better when wearing contacts? Sorry if my explanation was ridiculously long and all over the place, I've just come to my wits end!

Read more: How to deal with allergies while wearing contacts?