Wednesday, September 2, 2015

I have Macular Edema. I have macular edema?


I have a great doctor and my treatment is going well. But he is firm on some points I am sure he is wrong on. He says glasses will not help. I found some that do. But I would like to optimize that help. I found that wearing computer glasses (reading glasses, but also are for your central vision) with a blue tint help me a lot. I need +2 for reading glassses, but when I started having this disease I got +3 computer glasses.
I can see ahead when I walk without much blurr whereas without there is a ton of it. I tried bifocal lens for nearsightness and they made matters worse, much worse. Glasses) so I tried experimenting with +4 (cheap online glasses) and it was too much. I'd go to an optician, but that's what led me to a retinologist on the first place (thank goodness.) I KNOW they help. My vision is tested every month and one of the techs who is interested in my ideas is letting me test my eye with glasses on and off. I see two more lines in my left eye with glasses on and 3 more lines oin my right eye. I'm considering doing my next cheap pair as +3 and +3.5 and see if I can improve both eyes by 3 lines. Could I be on to something? And why won't my retinologist take my ideas seriously when he is otherwise amazing?

Read more: I have Macular Edema. I have macular edema?