Saturday, September 5, 2015

My optician tried to put my contact lenses in for me? Is this normal?


So the other day I went to get contact lenses and I went with the idea that the optician would give me the contact lenses and show me/tell me how to put them in whilst I was looking in a mirror. This did not happen. He made me lie with my head back on a chair and he basically held my eye open by pulling at both sides of my eye with his fingers then he tried to put the contact lense in my eye for me. This was an extremely uncomfortable way to do this. My eye was so sore from him touching my eye and he attempted to do it about 10 times and I would just automatically close my eye. It honestly felt like he had his fingers stuck right in my eye. Anyways long story short after many failed attempts I told him I would have a better chance getting the contacts in by myself as it would be more comfortable for me to put them in myself. I tried myself and after a few attempts I got them both in and out with absolutely no problem. I absolutely love my contacts and its amazing having perfect vision again.

So basically my question is is this normal for an optician to try and put them in for you? I dont really understand why he did that and I honestly left feeling slightly traumatised from the experience. It also doesnt teach me how to do it myself if he was doing it for me. I just dont know if this is common practice? Surely its much easier for a person to touch their own eye and know whats comfortable for them than having someone else sticking their finger in your eye.

Read more: My optician tried to put my contact lenses in for me? Is this normal?