Monday, August 31, 2015

Can allergies go away with acclimation?


i just moved into my first college dorm (hooray!), but immediately I realized I was really allergic to it. My allergies don't cause runny nose or congestion, but they make my eyes extremely dry and itchy (sometimes to the point where I can't see or open them). It's super uncomfortable and only happens in certain places, those places are all buildings so I have no clue what causes it. The past two nights here I have been in pain and discomfort because of my eyes. It's almost unbearable and worse with my contact lenses in.

Is it possible that my allergies to my dorm will go away with time here? Should I be prepared to transfer out? Is there anything I can do to make the room better (even though I don't know what I'm allergic to)?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Read more: Can allergies go away with acclimation?