Sunday, August 30, 2015

Enlisting with keratoconus? - 1

So after I graduated I tried enlisting in the military but got dq'd because I found out I had keratoconus. They didn't pdq me, they just said a waider wasn't recommended but at the the moment I dint know what keratoconus was and my recruiters didn't either so we put one anyways. And when we got it back it just said denied because of keratoconus. I also think I remember reading that I was temporarily dq'd. Well my recruiter told me we're not gonna get very far unless I do something about it so I started doing my research on it, found out what it was and solved it by getting the cross-linking done on both eyes and I'm getting rigid lenses which I read was highly used in the military. So I think I'm ready to try again Iand I been keeping in touch with a recruiter but while I was correcting my problem I've been reading that a lot of people have been getting pd'qd for it but I also read that there might be changes done by the military to fix that part of enlistment. My questions are: why wasnt I pd'qd like them, are they gonna make changes anytime soon, and if not then what are my chances of getting in the military now that fixed my problem with keratoconus? P.s. I say fixed because although I didnt get rid of it I completely I completely stopped on its trackes at an early stage. My vision without correction is 20/40 on 1 eye and 20/60 the worse on the other eye.

Read more: Enlisting with keratoconus? - 1