Saturday, June 13, 2015

Why do so many Optometrists have trouble getting prescriptions right?


I have had it happen to me and I answered the questions properly and carefully asked to see the differences between lenses so that I could answer properly. They still wanted to play with the prescription in one eye that was just fine. With their "recommendation" it made the eye blurry. They ended up just assuming the prescription and making it like it was before.

My mother and brother have experienced this. Reviews on the websites of most major eye places (VisionWorks, Lenscrafters, etc.) seem to indicate that they couldn't get many, many people's prescriptions right. They went there seeing just fine, got their prescription changed and couldn't see very well afterwards.

I find it hard to believe that all of these people are "lying" about their answers on the eye test that they need for glasses or contacts in order to live their lives.

Why are they screwing up so many prescriptions?

Read more: Why do so many Optometrists have trouble getting prescriptions right?