Monday, June 8, 2015

Can I wear non-toric color contacts?


So I have a special occasion coming up, and I want to wear colored contacts. Only problem is, I've been looking around for colored toric lenses, but they're extremely difficult to find. The brands that I've found that do make them, such as Desio and Solotica require 4-6 weeks of processing time before they ship out, which is understandable because they're custom made. Is it okay for me to wear non-toric colored contacts such as the Freshlook Colorblend ones (these are the most affordable and accessible)? The Toric Freshlooks have been discontinued I believe, so I'm talking about the regular prescription ones. I understand if they're uncomfortable, I just want to know if they'll irritate or damage my eyes any before I go ahead and buy them. This event I want to wear them to is only a few hours long.

Here's my prescription (I wear the Bioinfinity Toric monthlies):
BC: 8.7
DIA: 14.5
PWR: -7.50
CYL: -0.75 x 170 (left eye 170, right eye 180)

Thanks.

Read more: Can I wear non-toric color contacts?