Sunday, June 7, 2015

Contacts and water? Any help?

I have heard that water and contacts do not mix before. When I was new to contacts, I tried to avoid water as much as possible. However, my dad recently told me that water does not do anything to contact lenses (he has had contacts for over 15 years, I believe.) Also my friend used water before on her one contact and nothing happened.

To the point of the story, I have been wearing my contacts in the shower for the last couple of days. I usually remove my eye makeup and my contacts before entering the shower. While I was washing my hair, I think I may have gotten water in my eye and my contact seemed to slip a little out of my eye. I thought I had an eyelash but when I looked in the mirror, my contact was hanging out. I took it out and let it soak in solution while I finished up my shower, while still wearing the other contact.

My contact looks fine - no tears or anything. However, I'm paranoid that the water may do something to my contact?

Read more: Contacts and water? Any help?