Monday, June 9, 2014

What should I do about this? - 1

I called out of work today because last night when taking out my contact lenses, I ripped one. I was trying to be careful because I know I needed a refill. This was my last pair. Completely stupid. I know! My husband and I have been preoccupied with moving in 6 weeks. It's no excuse, but there isn't much I can do. I made an appointment with the eye doctor tonight and they will give me a sample until my lenses come in. I do have glasses, but I can't drive with them. They make me dizzy when I just walk around.

(My husband cannot take off work to drive me to the doctors. He just started his job.)

I text my boss all this. I figured it was better to tell the truth. She understood. The thing is, I am the receptionist and this means that 1 or 2 girls from HR will have to watch the desk, answer calls, etc while I'm out. Which means I'll be treating like crap tomorrow.

Anyway, I feel like I should stop by my boss' office and just again apologize for calling out and reassure her that I will try not to do this again.

I don't call out often. This is my 3rd time calling out in 6 months. The other two reasons were because I was actually sick. I typically come in to work and it's not a habit for me.

Is it overkill to apologize again?
Added (1). When I come in tomorrow. No, I cannot come in today.
Added (2). There is no bus that goes to my work. It's not located around public transportation. This is why I drive everyday and cannot today because I can't see. I already said it was a stupid, but there isn't anything I can do right now. That's beside the point. I wanted to know if I should speak with my boss TOMORROW when I come in and apologize again for calling out.

Read more: What should I do about this? - 1