Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Should one eye be blurry when looking through progressive lenses?

I've been wearing progressive lenses for at least 15 years with no problems, however, I just purchased new smaller frames with a new prescription and after a week, I'm having a very hard time adjusting to them.
I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that if I cover my right eye and look straight ahead, everything is blurry out of my left eye.
If I look towards the left, everything is blurry.
I am right eye dominate but shouldn't I still be able to see out of the left lens?
Added (1). I've been back to my eye doctor's twice and they did some adjusting but it hasn't helped.
I was just there this morning and told them I couldn't see out of my left eye if I covered my right eye and they said it's suppose to be that way since both eyes work together and I'm right eye dominate.
The more I think about this, the more I don't understand how that could be true since the eye doctor examines one eye at a time to decide what strength you can see out of.

Read more: Should one eye be blurry when looking through progressive lenses?