Thursday, February 27, 2014

Will my eyes adjust to distances wearing contact lenses for farsightedness?

About a week ago I got a new prescription for contact lenses. I've never worn lenses before and my eye doctor told me it would take a couple of days for my eyes to adjust. I'm farsighted and so with my lenses in, things up close are in perfect focus (unless I look down, then things have a kind of watery halo around them), however, things further than about 5 feet away are extremely out of focus. I cannot read road signs, license plates etc. Driving at night is near impossible. It takes about 20 minutes for my eyes to adjust to watching TV and looking in the mirror can be kind of weird.

Are my eyes going to adjust? Is this normal? Or, do I need to get a second opinion on my prescription?

Читать далее: Will my eyes adjust to distances wearing contact lenses for farsightedness?