Saturday, August 10, 2013

What is this, is it eyestrain?

Hi.

This week I went to a doctor since I have noticed my vision has worsened.In two years, the left eye stayed the same but the right eye went from -1.75 to -3.00.
I also went to an OCT scan, since the doctor suspected something.It turned out that I have a difference between my two eyes (I think it was something to do with a cup to disc ratio, but I'm not sure), and I will have to go to the doctors again in 3 months so we can see if this difference is developing now or is there from my birth.

The doctor has told me that she doesn't think it is developing now though.

She has also told me that I should replace my glasses as soon as possible, however I will do that next week on Saturday, since I'm abroad.
I have noticed that I get this strange feeling on my right eye, but it seems to me like it's getting stronger the more I work with the eye, since I don't feel it in the morning… It's not really pain, it's more like an uncomfortable feeling behind the eye, it feels like the eye muscle is tired or something…
My doctor also said that my eye pressure is very good.

Can someone please answer these questions for me?:

Is this eye strain? If yes, is it normal that the right eye gets more tired because the right lens on my glasses is weak?

Will my eyesight worsen in one week that I will be wearing weaker glasses?

Since my glasses are weaker, should I continue to wear them until I get new ones?

How can I treat this feeling, should I get eye drops or pills or something?

I'm 16 by the way.

Please if you know something more, help me?
Thanks.

См. статью: What is this, is it eyestrain?