Sunday, August 4, 2013

How to persuade my mum to let me get contacts?

I asked her a while back, and it just turned into a blazing row, even though I asked her in a mature and reasonable way. I'm almost fourteen and I feel trapped by my glasses and I would have so much more confidence with contacts. She says I'm not responsible enough to have them, which is unfair because I'm very responsible compared to a lot of people my age and I can't prove I'm responsible enough to wear them until she let's me have them. That is the only reason she's given me for this and I haven't asked again for about five months. I feel like now I'm practically fourteen she needs to start respecting my desicions a bit more but she wouldn't listen last time I asked her (she wouldn't even consider mentioning it to the optician) and I'm scared to ask her again in case she yells at me, but this is something I really want. How can I make her listen and persuade her? If anyone has any solid arguments FOR lenses, that would be great.

См. статью: How to persuade my mum to let me get contacts?