Friday, May 26, 2017

I'm no longer good at school band and I feel insecure about it and I'm losing interest, what should I do?

I'm losing interest in playing my instrument and I used to be really good, but when I went into high school, there were people who were 10 times as good as me and I'm stuck in last band and the music is too easy and I feel constantly insecure about myself because I feel like everyone judges me and looks down on me because I used to be really good but now I'm in a bad spot. My first flute was a hand me down, and it wasn't the instrument I wanted but it was the only option or no band. I don't want to take lessons because the school lesson teacher is really mean and always talks me down and makes me feel worthless all the time. I don't have a lot of time to practice because I'm taking classes that take a lot of my free time.

Shortened version:
School band is frustrating me and making me more depressed, I don't want to quit because my best friends are in it and I've invested too much time and my parents' money into it, I also promised myself to do all 4 years of high school. But I'm losing interest in playing my instrument because of the extremely competitive atmosphere. I feel like I'm playing the wrong instrument but I can't change.
What should I do?

Read more: I'm no longer good at school band and I feel insecure about it and I'm losing interest, what should I do?