Friday, May 26, 2017

Can my Computer support this hardware upgrade, or do I need an alternate?

Alright, so I have a HP Envy 700-406 PC (link below to it's specs) and it's currently have a very hard time playing certain games (it'll randomly crash the computer while playing, weird slowdowns at times, and a while back I had a serious problem of it completely freezing my computer up with a weird graphical glitch when I tried to watch a youtube video, after a game crashed on me). I'm looking to upgrade it with a Gigabyte Graphics Cards (Link below, for further clarification it's the bigger one not the slim version) and a new PSU (since from my understanding, my current one won't be enough, also link below). I'm curious if all this will fit inside my computer alongside this APU (I don't have plans to use the GPU side tbh, It'll purely be for CPU power). The other reason I'm curious is that I remember reading somewhere that I can get RAM sticks and put it on the motherboard for more power. I however don't know if it'll solve my current problem and if I'd just be adding to the expense. I'm not sure which option is better, or if in fact there's a better one and another problem is that my budget is pretty low ( $150 (roughly) is already more than I had initially thought, however I'm willing to absorb it) Ty!

My Computer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04490020
New GPU: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013WAL3AU/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I142OK9B62U1Q3&colid=34RYLIDIDMUAI
New PSU: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018JYHBE6/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1I2TP26UWWNC9&colid=34RYLIDIDMUAI

Read more: Can my Computer support this hardware upgrade, or do I need an alternate?