Saturday, May 27, 2017

How to cancel College Admissions Assistance?

A little while ago I got a letter in the mail stating that I had a chance to get help on dealing with financial aid. My mom and I thought it looked alright so we went to the free seminar. They told us about what they do and it all seemed good. As soon as it was over, people were being pulled aside for an interview. When it was my turn the guy asked me a couple of questions about myself. After about 6 questions, the guy immediately starts talking about joining the program and their payment options. My mom explained that we didn't have a lot of mom at the moment so the guy explained that we could just pay $37 a week. My mom wasn t sure but the guy guaranteed that we could cancel whenever we wanted if we didn't feel like it was worth it and that we would get a full refund so we signed the contract. It's been about a 2 months and it really is not worth it. When my mom called them to try to cancel the contract we were informed that we were supposed to cancel within 3 days and now we can't back out. The problem is that one of their representatives guaranteed that we could cancel anytime. Now I'm stuck with the contract and it's slowly draining my money and I don't think I could keep paying it.

Read more: How to cancel College Admissions Assistance?