Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Did they really stop making AcuVue Oasys and Acuvue Advance Plus contacts?


I had been wearing Oasis for years when another eye doctor change me to Advance Plus. They felt much better and I could see more clearly with them. All was well until my last eye exam to get more contacts. They told me that they "don't make them anymore" and since then I have tried everything from AcuVue 2 to Air Optix. I can't wear those really thin contacts. It feels like something is in my eye because they move when I blink. My eye doctor has changed my prescription twice to two different types of contacts, and now I'm going to have to go all the way back to try to get them to change it again.

I do see on the website where it says "The ACUVUE® ADVANCE® family is being discontinued by the manufacturer. The end is near. Stock up now before they're gone."

What else is actually similar to them? The AcuVue 2 is absolutely nothing like them. What can I do?
Added (1). I see that AcuVue Advance is apparently still available, and there is something called Advance Plus 6. Is there a big difference between these?

Read more: Did they really stop making AcuVue Oasys and Acuvue Advance Plus contacts?