Wednesday, October 14, 2015

If women are beautiful the way they are, shouldn't men be too?


I am in my early 30s, have lost quite a bit of hair, and the hair that remains is starting to go grey. I am 5'4", have struggled with acne (it didn't respond to entry-level treatment), I am not muscular not do I have washboard abs, I wear glasses, and I do not wear brand name clothing.

Except for my height, this is all correctable. I could use rogaine for my hair, I could get on Accutane for acne, I could lift weights instead of playing volleyball and tennis, I could use contact lenses, and I could spend lots of money on clothes. But why should I? Am I not handsome the way I am?

I don't want to spend tons of money on rogaine or propecia (both of which have side effects). I don't want to mess with contact lenses, I am fine with specs. I love playing tennis, and I am in great health, which is what's important. I sure as hell don't want to get Accutane, it is a NASTY drug. I have the money to spend on brand name clothing, but I personally think it's a waste. If I can buy the same thing (albeit non-brand name) for 1/4 the price, it makes no sense to spend more.

I get told quite often that if I am not going to improve my look, I don't deserve to get attention from girls. Ok, if that's the case, then do fat girls not deserve attention from guys because they refuse to make an effort to lose weight? Pretty sure nobody would ever say such a thing to a woman, so why is it ok to say it to men?

Read more: If women are beautiful the way they are, shouldn't men be too?