Tuesday, September 16, 2014

When can i get contact lenses? What age?

Hi, I'm 12 years old and i have glasses. To be honest, i don't wear my glasses at school. I'm supposed to but i don't.

People always made fun of me, my glasses always got dirty, and smudged, they always broke because i think kids would 'purposely' throw basketballs at my face.

But anyway I have straight A's in all my classes. I have a lot of responsibility and know the basics of how to put in contact lenses.

I just lost my glasses today. Insurance won't cover it because i am not due for another pair yet so we have to buy me new glasses. I don't want that. I asked my mom about it and she said i can't because my eye sight is too poor.

For a whole year it would cost about $300. Her insurance won't cover contact lenses because i think she has 'cosmetic' insurance or something. So we are in a crisis where my dad just left us. We don't have alot of money. I need glasses or contacts.

How do i go about getting these?
How can i get contacts instead?
What is the appropriate age?
Please help. Thank you in advance…

Read more: When can i get contact lenses? What age?