Friday, September 19, 2014

No eye test/opticians for years?

In Brief, when I was about 16 I was prescribed contact lenses for my short-sightedness.

As time went on, due to a mixture of clinical anxiety and depression I began to ignore my appointments, and just order my lenses online so that I didn't have to keep seeing the optician.

I've been doing this for over a decade.
Recently, I find that I can't wear my daily disposable lenses without my eyes becoming very irritated.

I need to see an optician, I guess.

Do I make an appointment with a new optician (boots?/specsavers?) and ask for an eye test? Will they be angry at me when I explain that i've not been to optician in so long?
Also, I'll be more or less blind when I walk in there if i'm not wearing my lenses (don't have any glasses)

Read more: No eye test/opticians for years?