Thursday, September 18, 2014

New contacts sometimes cause eyes to burn?

Just a little bit of background story; I am a fairly new contact wearer. The only brand I have used is Freshlook Colorblends, which I wore for a little over a year and had no troubles. The contacts would dry out by the end of the day, but I figured that is expected.
Recently, I heard of an Italian contact lens brand called Desio Lens. I did a lot of research on their colored contacts and decided to purchase. They are 3 month lenses. I have been wearing them on and off for a couple weeks now, and have been trying to figure out what causes this problem: after only a few hours of being in, my eyes sometimes burn and get bloodshot with these contacts. When that happens I take them out and put them in solution for a couple days.
I have no idea if it is my eyes or the contacts causing the problem. Sometimes I can wear them for many hours and have only drying out but no burning, and other times my eyes begin to get bloodshot and dry after only a couple hours of them being in.
I am going to the eye doctor for this problem, but they do not have an open appointment for another couple weeks. So I am hoping somebody might be able to provide me with some insight as to what could be causing this. I love the color of the new lenses, but I definitely do not want to harm my vision. Thanks in advance.

Read more: New contacts sometimes cause eyes to burn?