Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What does this eye test show?

I was at the eye doctor the other day. He tested my vision with a certain test: With this machine with different lenses and stuff in front of my eyes, he changes the lenses to make me see a circle, and a cross/plus sign. He asks if the circle was in the middle, I tell him yes. He asks if the cross/plus sign is in the middle of the circle. I said no it is to the right, on the border of the circle. Then he moves on without explaining the significance.

I understand this means I have some kind of strabismus or crossed eyes. My question however, is which eye is looking in which direction? I realize you need to know which eye had a circle in front of it or a cross/plus sign in front of it, but I thought perhaps some optometrists or eye doctors here would know, which side (and eye) typically has the circle or the cross/plus sign.

Thanks!

Read more: What does this eye test show?