Saturday, August 30, 2014

Can you remove cast aluminum separator in a projection big screen Tv?

My Tv has four projectors with the cathode tubes. After removing the projector lenses, whats left is a cast aluminum cover that separated the lens and the glass that leads into the cathode. Can that aluminum piece safely be removed with out imploding and or releasing any hazardous substance? I understand Tv have Phospor and cadmium which I believe is housed inside? The projector tvs have oil inside, which I will have to safely drain.
I need the parts for some projects and I scrap the cast aluminum. By the way… Is the phospor located internally? Thanks!
My pic has the cast aluminum piece circled.Can you remove cast aluminum separator in a projection big screen Tv

Read more: Can you remove cast aluminum separator in a projection big screen Tv?