Sunday, August 24, 2014

Accutane and Contact Lenses?

Hello,

So, I'm wondering whether I should try Accutane or not. I'm suffered from fairly bad acne over the years, although its gotten slightly better. I've tried lasers, facials, ridiculous amounts of over the counter products, Tazarac, Benzoyl Peroxide, and more. Only until last yeary Dermatologist recommended these Sulfameth pills, and they were a life saver - nearly no acne whatsoever. Fast forward one year, and my body has become somewhat immune to it, and my Dermatologist won't prescribe me for it again, claiming its not healthy to stay on this.

My acne has now become noticeably worse without this prescription (I regularly wash my face and use Tazarac with some sort of strong percentage), and my Dermatologist has recommended Accutane.

My issue is my contact lenses. I used to get dry eyes, to the point where if I'd walk around, my eyes would sting. I began using a different contact solution around a year ago, and my eyes aren't nearly as bad.

I was wondering if I would still be able to wear my contacts while using Accutane. I've seen people claim that wearing contacts is a horrible idea, but I absolutely hate glasses. With my past dry eye experience, I'm not sure. As a side note, my dermatologist has told me they'd put me on low dosage.

Any help is appreciated, thanks. 16 and male, if that helps.

Read more: Accutane and Contact Lenses?