Monday, August 25, 2014

Why do my contact lenses seem kind of cloudy?

Well I've had contact lens for about 3-4 months now. Monthly soft contact lens. And I put a new pair on last week, but for some reason they seem a bit cloudy. I don't know how to explain it.

I can see clearly with them. For example, looking at the board at school I can read what it says. However It seems as though my center vision is ok with them on, but it's kind of cloudy round the outside and some of the cloudiness blends in with my centre vision… =\

Like I said I'm finding it hard to explain. Sometimes it feels like I only have one contact lens in. (As I did that before when my right one fell out and I didn't notice). However when I cover up one eye, I can see perfectly fine. Same with the other eye. And looking at a computer screen or tv, or light. It just doesn't seem right. The light seems to blend out from the screen or light. Or it seems a bit blurry round about it.

I'm finding it really difficult to explain, but hopefully you might have an idea what I mean if you've experienced it before. Whatever the case, since I've put my new contact lens on, I see differently to the ones I wore before. (even though they're from the same pack). I clean the lenses properly and that hasn't changed anything. I even tried putting my left contact lens in my right eye to see if I had them the wrong way round, but it was even more blurry. =\

Sorry for my rubbish explanation, but if you know what I'm on about, I would appreciate any help. I don't want to go to the opticians and not know how to explain it and appear like a fool. Also, I'm 15 btw if that matters.
Added (1). Yeah I did go for a follow-up visit. =] But it was a month or two ago.

Read more: Why do my contact lenses seem kind of cloudy?