Thursday, June 5, 2014

I want to shadow an optometrist?

So after my last visit to the optometrist, at which I was prescribed glasses and contacts, I started to think seriously about pursuing a career in optometry. I am currently 17 years old and will be a senior in the fall. I want to know for sure if this would be a good fit for me, so I want to do a job shadow of an optometrist this summer. I have an appointment for a checkup on my contact lenses in July, so I was wondering if this would be a good time to talk to my doctor and see if I could do a job shadow of him/her or someone else sometime in that following month or so, or if I should call now and set up a date? Advice? Also, what kind of questions should I ask? I've never done one before, and none of my friends or family have ever done one, so I have no reference point. Thank you in advance!

Read more: I want to shadow an optometrist?