Saturday, May 17, 2014

PRK or LASEK without prescription from eye doctor?

I haven't been to the eye doctor in a while (yes, I know that's not good). I'm almost nineteen and the last time I got my eyes checked was over a year ago at the pediatrician, and I had 20/40 vision. I do not wear any form of correction lenses.

I was wondering that if my vision got worse, but one eye remained the same, would they allow to get surgery on that one eye without a prescription from the eye doctor? Could I show them my pediatrician records or something? I know that your vision must have remained stable for at least a year, and that was over a year ago.

I'm thinking about going to the eye doctor soon, and I'm worried that my vision may have gotten worse. I don't want to be dependent on anything for my vision, and so I would like to get surgery as soon as possible. I don't mind being dependent on contact lenses for a year or two, but it would be nice if I could avoid that.

Thank you in advance.

Read more: PRK or LASEK without prescription from eye doctor?