Thursday, May 15, 2014

Is this an incorrect prescription for my contact lenses?

I'm 27 yo. I had a prescription of +0.25 Sph on both eyes, and +0.75 on both, for astigmatism on my reading glasses, and lately they started giving me a headache, I got them on July 2013.

I just got some contact lenses and the prescription is +0.75 sph and +0.75 cyl on both.

The problem is that they give me a slightly blurry vision. Some days they give me a headache, but it feels different than the one from my reading glasses. Also it's kinda hard for me to read text on a book or on my computer screen with my contacts, It looks unfocused vertically (according to the prescription, the left eye cyl. Orientation is 180, and the right eye 170).

Is the prescription too high? Too low? Should I visit a different optometrist or ophtalmologist for an opinion?
Added (1). Note: With my contacts I have to get closer in order to read text. With my normal vision (without any lenses or glasses) I have to get away from the text in order to read it (hyperopia).

With my old glasses, I have to get a bit away, or squint in order to see, which gives me the head ache.
Added (2). Well, I'm not sure if the cylinder is + or -. I know it's 0.75. And the contact lenses I'm wearing are toric.
Added (3). I'm citing the prescription from what I remember. I'm currently at my office, and the box for the remaining lenses are back home.

Read more: Is this an incorrect prescription for my contact lenses?