Thursday, May 15, 2014

Do my contact lenses have a stronger prescription than needed?

I'm 27 yo. I have slight hyperopia, and slight astigmatism.

The graduation of the glasses I got on July 2013 was the following:
L +0.25 spherical 0.75 cylinder 180
R +0.25 sph 0.75 cylinder 170
My glasses started giving me a headache when I had to read or work at the computer, and I had to squint slightly in order to focus on nearby things,

I just got toric contact lenses, Acuvue Oasys, and the prescription is
L +0.75 spherical 0.75 cylinder 180
R +0.75 sph 0.75 cylinder 170

The problem is that now, with this graduation, when I get a little bit tired I'm seeing things like a myopic person. I have to get close to what I'm reading in order to focus, and I can't distinguish faces at ~30ft, which I could with my glasses. I'm thinking that maybe the prescription might be stronger than what I needed (either that, or I switched my left and right contacts when I stored them in the case, which I tried switching back yesterday, but I'm still seeing the same).

Read more: Do my contact lenses have a stronger prescription than needed?