Monday, September 2, 2013

Why does my right contact lens get blurry and slip within a few days of being worn? - 1

It is a two week, non-astigmatic lens, the prescription is -4.50, the base curve is 8.4, and the diameter is 14.0. The brand is Acuvue Oasys. (These measurements are true for both lenses) Opening a new lens and wearing it is fine for about three or four days, but after that, the lens starts to slip and move up so that half of it is behind my eyelid and my vision is blurry. I don't sleep in my contacts, I make sure that they are not inside-out when I put them in, and I clean them and store them as I should. I have been wearing the same sized contact lenses for about two years now, and this problem emerged probably around a month ago. I went to my eye doctor and we tried other lenses, which included astigmatic ones, but those did not work either.At one point I rested my eyes for two weeks and only wore my glasses, and then started to wear my contacts; the same problem surfaced. I also experimented a little. I wore new lenses, and when the lens in the right eye started to slip, I switched the lenses in my right and left eyes (remember, the lenses are the same measurements and brand.) Upon doing this, the right eye seemed fine, but the lens in the left eye was now slipping.So it seems the contact lens itself in the right eye was changed. Could this be the case? Is my right eye changing the shape of the contact lens? How can I solve this problem? Please help!

См. статью: Why does my right contact lens get blurry and slip within a few days of being worn? - 1