Wednesday, August 28, 2013

What is the difference between 180 axis and 20 axis on eyeglasses?

I went to two different optometrists and they gave me two different prescriptions. I went to the second for a second opinion and used his prescription. I cannot see out of my the sides of my new lenses. I have to turn my head. Everything is perfectly clear straight ahead, but looking up or down is blurry. I can't even look at the corner of my computer screen without it getting blurry.

What is the difference between a 180 axis and a 20 axis?

Here are the two prescriptions:
OD: -5.50 -.50x180
OS: -5.75 -.50x180

R: -5.75 -0.25x20
L: -6.00 -0.25x16

I have 165 hi index lenses.
Went for second opinion because the first set is from the first Optometrist and his prescription for contacts was wrong. Yes, I know that the prescription for contacts and glasses are different.

Any insight or helpful tips would be helpful. This is the first set of lenses since developing an astigmatism.

Thank you much!
Added (1). Thanks for the replies. I just want to note, that the prescription is perfect while staring straight ahead. But, if I direct my eyes in any other direction it gets blurry and continues to get worse the more towards the edge of the glasses. I'm going to revisit my optometrist tomorrow to see what's up with the lenses/prescription he gave me. Since I've never had lenses to correct an astigmatism is this normal? Will I get used to it or does this seem incorrect?

См. статью: What is the difference between 180 axis and 20 axis on eyeglasses?