Sunday, March 20, 2016

Got new glasses and can't judge distances properly?


There's no change in prescription, my old glasses were -5.00/-5.75, the new ones are the exact same prescription, the only differences are it's a different frame(of course), and it's a different lens brand (old glasses were Zeiss, new ones are Crizal FUV). I use AirOptix contact lenses too, but only on weekends and holidays, i wear glasses at work.

The new glasses make things look BIGGER in the central area, hard to explain, say m looking at my laptop screen, it looks like I'm looking at one of those old CRT TV screens that BULGED out in the center- of course the laptop's screen is super flat in real.

This doesn't happen with my old zeiss glasses, doesn't happen with my AirOptix lenses, just with my new crizal glasses. M getting a mild headache too (again, never happens with Zeiss/AirOptix), but then again, I can see things fine with my new glasses (no blurriness when reading very distant signs, or during close work like working on a computer).

This "bulging out" of central vision has a serious side effect- I don't think I can drive wearing these glasses, I cannot judge distances well, and I might end up getting someone hurt. The optician tells me I need to use the glasses for 7 days and I will get used to it. But it never happens with my other glasses, or my contacts, and they are all of the same prescription?!

Read more: Got new glasses and can't judge distances properly?