Sunday, March 20, 2016

My college son is going crazy with fashion, how do I get him to look descent? - 1


My son who has turned 21 is literally going crazy with his looks, when he started college, he was descent looking, well dressed, fat & chubby. But over the 4 years he's started all this nonsense fashion trends he sees on the TV.Doing all these 'undercut' hairstyles, thick beards, wearing thick frame no power glasses, magnet ear rings, lost like 85+ lbs of weight, he used to weight about 250 lbs but now weighes 165 lbs. He lately didn't go to the salon for like several months & has long hair which he ties up, he says its called 'man bun' whatever (isn't that what we women do?) & his beard is quiet thick. I was shocked by the way he looks but he gets constant compliments from people of his age, obviously the young generation… But that is clearly not descent. He keeps telling me he is later going to get tattoos over certain parts of his body,real ear piercings and lighter eye lenses. I clearly am disturbed to the thought of him doing that. The body is the temple of God & he is spoiling it with all this fashion. He is a real good kid though, he doesn't smoke, he admits he occasionally drinks in 2-3 months only at parties,still a virgin, does fine in studies,is kind and helpful, but his looks just makes his persona the opposite of what he is.I'm not against fashion, but I feel he is going over board, what would others (other than ones of his age) think? How do I make him understand that he is spoiling his image & is getting too carried away with the media, but he rather be himself?

Read more: My college son is going crazy with fashion, how do I get him to look descent? - 1