Monday, March 21, 2016

Are there any other 20 something women who've never worn contact lenses in their lives?


I'm looking for kindred spirits! I've been wearing glasses since I was 11 and tried contacts at 14 but couldn't stand them. By the time I turned 19 glasses were fashionable and I started to like the way I looked with them on. Now I can't imagine leaving the house without my specs! I wear them to nightclubs and dates and everything else but as I get older I'm starting to notice a lot of people telling me to get lenses. My manager at the restaurant I work at thinks the glasses are an eyesore. A guy I went on a date with 2 weeks ago asked me if I was wearing glasses because of irritation caused by lenses.

I do have a strong prescription (-6.25 and -7) but I have high index lenses and very expensive designer frames. Most people would consider me to be very conventionally attractive (just being honest).

Is it weird to be 21 and still wearing glasses?

Read more: Are there any other 20 something women who've never worn contact lenses in their lives?